Updated: Jul 7
Social distancing is a strategy that involves minimizing circumstances that tend to encourage the transmission of COVID-19. Social distancing at work allows us to continue efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19, while also safely resuming ‘new normal’ business practices.
PBS will be enforcing some changes to our workspaces in order to provide an environment that will keep all staff safe, healthy, and productive. This includes the six feet apart distancing rule that will be applied through new seating arrangements, as well as adding partitions and protective barriers where necessary.
Besides redesigning the workspace, the following recommendations are the best practices for social distancing during work hours:
- Be sure to complete the mandatory PBS heath app as you enter any office building.
- Wash your hands properly and often or use hand sanitizer when hand washing is not possible.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Practice proper coughing and sneezing etiquette.
- Maintain a physical distance of 1-2 meters between yourself and others and be aware of social distancing wristbands.
- Limit face-to-face meetings. Try using Teams, email, or phone instead. If you must meet in person, book a boardroom where everyone can keep a distance from one another.
- Do not congregate in boardrooms, hallways, and kitchen areas.
- Sanitize or wipe down your work area and high touch surfaces.
- There are masks available at the front reception, but you are also welcome to bring your own and wear them as you might come in contact with other coworkers.
Finally, you are not feeling well, please stay home and inform your manager!